Stage Fright: Come for the Songs, Stay for the BLOOD!

Quite a while back, probably going on about 20 years, my circle of friends and I had an absolutely wonderful tradition.

Monday Night Movies (Later Sunday Night Cinema)

It was great because we were all very different people, from very different backgrounds, and collectively we had a very diverse and eclectic pallet when it came to entertainment.  We all added our favorite movies to the groups 'must see' list.

There are movies I NEVER would have watched, had it not been for MNM/SNC.  Example; anything sports related = so NOT my thing.  Nevertheless, one movie in particular, about a high school football team, is one of my absolute favorites.  I'm looking at you Varsity Blues!   >.<

"Kyle, did you start a cult?  Oh, that's so sweeeet!"

Sadly, I don't have that close knit circle of friends in my life anymore.  We've all moved away, moved on...  We're friends on Facebook, but we don't even interact there really.

I miss that, because I would have inflicted Stage Fright on them without abandon.

Stage Fright is a typical, run of the mill, campers and counselors vs. a mask wearing, knife wielding, terrifying SLASHER.

Except it's not typical, for one reason:  It's a musical.

Oh, yes!  You read that right!  It's a frakkin MUSICAL!

Not only is it a musical, it's a musical about a summer camp for stage geeks that love musicals, who are preparing for and performing... you got it... a musical.  It's a musical about a musical.  Wouldn't that be a Meta-Musical?

You kind of have to survive the first seven minutes, and then THIS:



I made it to about the part that takes place near the totem pole when I was like:  "Nope!  Can't do it!"  I shut the laptop, I grabbed the giant blue fuzzy blankie and I stalked out to the living room.  I pointed to the Beloved One, I pointed to the big TV.  "Netflix, big TV, NOW.  You are doing this with me."

"Oooh kaaayyy?  What exactly am I doing now?  And why?"

"JUST DO IT!"

Two hours later, we were both in stitches... it was HILARIOUS!!

A bit campy...

(Ba-dum-bump!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is just the place I come to share all my thoughts about 'Him'.
Sarah Anne Smith. Powered by Blogger.