Dead Like Me (aka Adventures in Nerdy Pair Bonding)

It seems like ages ago...

The Beloved One and I lived in a bi-level apartment.  I LOVED that place.  The lower level was kitchen and living area.  The upper level was two bedrooms and a bathroom.  The Beloved One had his desk set up in the living area, and my 'office' was in the second bedroom.  We used to call it the dungeon and the tower.

Anyway...

One day I was upstairs and curled up in bed with my laptop.  The Beloved One came up to check in on me and bestow affection, as he is want to do frequently throughout the day.

After kisses he asked "whatcha watchin?"

"Dead Like Me."

"Dead Like Me?"

"No no, Dead Like Me."

"Hm, what's it about?"

"It's about a girl who get's killed by a toilet seat entering the atmosphere from the Mir Space Station.  Then she's recruited to become a grim reaper."

*eyebrows raise*

"I'm only about 20 minutes into it, I can back it up!"

"Oh, sure."  In his 'I'll stay for one episode and snuggle' voice.

...

We didn't leave the bed for the rest of the weekend, except for a brief interlude between seasons one and two where I demanded to go out to a diner for breakfast at 7am.  We pounded down the entire thing, and LOVED every second of it.

...

Years later we still quote the funnies often in our daily conversations.  These are inside jokes that have continued to amuse us quite a bit.

Sadly, it is no longer on Netflix instant.  But, they do have the DVD's.  Just a day or so ago we giggled heartily repeating "I have illegals in my bottom," in funny English accents.

Heh...

Guess what's next in my Netflix queue now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is just the place I come to share all my thoughts about 'Him'.
Sarah Anne Smith. Powered by Blogger.