Epic *facepalm*, is epic.

Back when the Beloved One and I got our new place there was some excitement about catching up on missed shows.  There was one new show in particular that caught my interest in it's trailers, but I hadn't had the means to check it out.  Sadly, all available 'catch up on what you missed' options were missing the first two episodes.

In a fit of stupidity I decided to try torrents.  Our old roommate torrented the hell out of shit all the fucking time without a problem, why couldn't I?

Erm... yeah...

Months of pop ups, slow browsers, and other weirdness later we decided it was time to dig out my old external hard drive, back up my important files, and scrub my whole computer clean.

And, of course - I was told - VERY EXPLICITLY - to NEVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.

Erm... yeah...

Did I mention the fact that I'm occasionally stupid?

~~~

I've been learning to get by with honest to goodness free, online - and other TRUSTED stuff.  I found image editors online vs. using Adobe products.  I have been using Google Docs or OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office.  And so on and so forth.

Hah - then I decided I needed a juxtaposed image to make a point, but my online image editors didn't seem to be able to work in layers.

Queue: quick internet search for free image editors
Queue: download and install
Queue: clicking the 'accept' button without reading what I was accepting
Queue: noticing I was clicking the 'accept' button without reading what I was accepting
Queue: ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE PURE FUCKING PANIC

Oh... Oh... what have I done?

Queue: UnInstall
Queue: Delete

Queue: More PANIC

~~~

Natutally - my internet starts slowing down - my browsers stop working - panic panic panic.

So I Avast, I scrub, I scour,

Chrome won't load Facebook
Chrome won't load Netflix
Netflix tells me my Silverlight is corrupted.
Chrome won't download Silverlight without erroring out.

Clearly I have to kill Chrome right?  Right?

Delete - UnInstall - (back up bookmarks first, of course)

~try to find Chrome again~

Firefox times out.
Opera times out.
I.E. times out.

Um... um... umm... more panic.

FINALLY - One of them downloads Chrome.

Queue: sign into Chrome

Chrome will not load Facebook
Chrome won't even download a damn theme!

~~~

Queue: Giving up completely and waiting for the Beloved One to wake up and fix it.
Queue: Trying to catch up on DVR shows and ignore the fact that I'm not being distracted enough because I don't have something in my lap.
Queue: Getting so bored I try again without waiting for the Beloved One to wake up.

QUEUE:  CHROME SUDDENLY WORKING JUST MOTHER FUCKING FINE FOR NO APPARENT REASON!

Queue: *facepalm blog post*


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is just the place I come to share all my thoughts about 'Him'.
Sarah Anne Smith. Powered by Blogger.