Since I have a habit of not dying, I'm not going to worry.

Many many many moons ago I was hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism.

I was hospitalized for a week.

Many many moons ago I was hospitalized with a saddle embolus.

Now the second one should have killed me, it was HUGE.  However, I responded so well to the treatment that I was bagged, tagged and released back into the wild in less than three days.

It was, however, decided, after the second hospitalization that I would be on blood thinners for the rest of my life.  This requires weekly blood tests to determine my INR.

In the last couple of months or so my INR has been all over the place.  Too low (under 2.0) and I could be gifted with a lovely new blood clot and all that entails.  Too high (over 3.0) and I'm in danger of bleeding out.  Granted, I've been really shitty about taking my meds at the correct time, forgetting whether or not I've taken them, over-compensating for the possibility that I might not have taken them by taking more.  Uh, yeah... anyway.

Lately I've been really really good though.  On time, every day, correct dose and everything.

And yet...

Friday my INR was 8.5.

I was told not to worry unless I saw signs of bleeding.

Well, now I've noticed signs of bleeding.

The Beloved One is monitoring me.  We're flushing my system with water and doing what we need to do.  I am NOT worried.  Like I said, I have a habit of not dying no matter how bad the medical prognosis is.  I've survived way worse than this.  Trust me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is just the place I come to share all my thoughts about 'Him'.
Sarah Anne Smith. Powered by Blogger.