Luciferian Witchcraft

In an effort to continue compiling resources about topics I am passionate about, I'll be moving on from "Lovecraft for Kids" and taking up the next phase, Luciferian Witchcraft.

I was first introduced to Lucifer the Archangel in my early 20's, via Murder Mysteries, by Neil Gaiman in which Lucifer is portrayed not as the leader of any sort of rebellion, but rather the first angel to cry:


He was not presented as defiant or a betrayer, but merely as someone who questioned authority.

Later in life I received more information on Lucifer via Roger Williamson, artist and retired propretor of Magus Boos and Herbs located in Dinkytown, MN.  Roger wrote The Sun at Night, a semi-autobiographical novel about life lessons and High Magick.  

Up until that point in my life I had more of a Gnostic Pagan than anything, but there was a wake up call somewhere, and I flowered into a Luciferian Witch.

So many religions today are all about depriving the flesh in order to attain a more elevated spirit.  To me, Luciferianism seems to operate from the opposite end of the spectrum.  There is the idea that we incarnate, we come into these physical, earthly forms, for a reason.  We come here to experience what it is to be a part of physical reality.  Ergo, we really ought to learn how to enjoy these bodies while we're here.

Then we also have the question authority / question reality thing.  

Lastly, Lucifer is the Light Bringer.  In my vision of him, he never fell.  To me he's very much still an Archangel.  In fact, in my own personal interpretations of the mythologies regarding him, Lucifer is actually playing a very important role in helping the followers of God to not follow blindly.  

Lucifer Educates.  Lucifer Illuminates.  Lucifer is sometimes compared to Prometheus, gifting fire to man and being exiled from Mount Olympus.  

By granting man the knowledge of good and evil, Lucifer has paved a path for man to take responsibility for his own bullshit.  Enlightenment, Salvation and Ascension become a sole responsibility that is not dependent on any religious institution or deity to lord over it.   

For me it's a very solitary journey.  Others millage may vary.

That said, look for posts with the Luciferian Witchcraft label, and thanks for reading with me so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This is just the place I come to share all my thoughts about 'Him'.
Sarah Anne Smith. Powered by Blogger.